Ready for advanced fingerpicking?
This course will transform you as a musician.
Today you can fingerpick and apply interesting fingerpicking patterns to a chord sequence.
After this course, you'll sound like a modern acoustic fingerstyle guitarist -with the ability to accent rhythms percussively, use alternate tunings and play different polyrhythms in your bass and lead lines
You will be able to play convincing versions of songs that are a "rite of passage" for real fingerpickers - Windy & Warm (Chet Atkins) and Deep River Blues (Doc Watson)
You'll play things on your guitar that you never thought possible - while learning the building blocks that let you learn core skills that help you improve your level
This approach helps you to develop your own voice - while working through material that helps you reach a higher level
What does life look like with this course?
Once you begin:
You’ll be able to study and master exactly those techniques you need to add melodic playing to your fingerpicking – with just 15 minutes a day.
You will feel a huge improvement in your guitar playing that is almost effortlessly acquired. Each lesson will give you a new stepping stone, and the sum total of all the lessons is that your playing will take a huge leap.
You will not encounter any ‘jumps’ in the material that suddenly mean that you are lost or unable to continue the course because I supply tips at the start of each lesson for those who found the last exercise challenging.
Once you finish:
Your musicianship and fingerpicking will have jumped a huge level and people watching you play guitar will be genuinely impressed.
You will be able to:
- Take any melody that you are able to play – AND any bassline that you’re able to play and blend them together to make a fingerstyle arrangement.
- Mix playing a melody, strumming chords and playing basslines all into one guitar part that gives you the three-guitarists-playing effect.
- Wow people when you bust out your guitar at a party by playing a fingerstyle blues – and jam with other musicians who are playing a blues number.
Special Black Friday Offer
How polyrhythms work on acoustic guitar
In this module, our bass (thumb) and melody (fingers) keep different time rhythms
- The concept of polyrhythm
- The 3/2 polyrhythm
- How to count polyrhythms
- Fingerpicking polyrhythms
- Playing polyrhythms on different strings
- Playing polyrhythmic arpeggios
- Putting it all together
After learning these techniques in module 1, you’ll be able to play the exercise in the video below.
Windy & Warm
In this module, we play a piece in the style of Windy & Warm to
- Improve articulation
- Mix melody with bass
- Master the 5-4-6-4 pattern with melodies
- Mix hammer-ons into fingerpicking patterns
- Mix slide notes into fingerpicking patterns
- Adding arpeggios to melody and bass
- Learn a tune covered by Chet Atkins
After learning these techniques in module 2, you’ll be able to play the exercise in the video below.
Deep River Blues
In this module, we learn a song in the style of Deep River Blues to push our bass and lead playing
- Changing bass patterns every bar
- Mixing open strings and fretted melody notes
- Fingerpicking the blues
- Inverted chords
- Lead guitar playing blues style
- Blues turnarounds
- Learning a complex fingerpicking piece
After learning these techniques in module 3, you’ll be able to play the exercise in the video below.
In this module, we blend a number of advanced techniques to create an amazing effect:
- Play in alternate tunings
- Concept of scale harmonization
- Playing melodies on non-adjacent strings
- Adding percussive elements
- Playing percussive sounds on the note & in-between
- Further polyrhythmic applications
- Learn an arrangment of Lean On Me in alternate tuning with polyrhythms and harmonized scales
After learning these techniques in module 4, you’ll be able to play the exercise in the video below.
How you will benefit
You will enjoy playing guitar more than ever – now that you not only play chords but also explore melodic ideas
You will enjoy knowing that each minute spent on guitar brings your playing up a level – instead of just playing stuff you already know.
You will be able to progress at your own pace, moving on when you master a section – in your own time and safe in the knowledge that you massively improve your playing.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- play 3 advanced songs
- Windy & Warm
- Deep River Blues
- Lean On Me
- Play different bass patterns within one song
- Play harmonized melody
- Harmonize a scale
- Count polyrhythms
- Play the 3/2 polyrhythm on guitar
- Add percussive sounds to your playing
- Break out of ‘straight’ fingerpicking to use your guitar like an orchestra
Special Black Friday Offer
Optimized for your success
This structure of this program is designed to help you get results immediately:
- A structured framework of 16 small parts.
- That fit into a 15 minutes a day practice schedule.
- Where each session gives you an exercise to practice at the end
- And the following session will give you tips if you found that exercise challenging.
- By the end of the course, you will have made huge progress (through 16 small steps that add up).
Frequently Asked Questions
Each lesson has a HD video with three camera angles (full, left hand and right hand) so that you can zone in and see what each hand is doing.
Each lesson also comes with a downloadable PDF and the relevant music tablature for each lesson.
The course is a natural follow-on from my second course – Intermediate Guitar Fingerpicking. If you have completed that course, this is the PERFECT way to continue your amazing progress.
If you don’t know much/any fingerpicking, I recommend my beginner course – From Zero to Guitar Fingerpicking in 30 days.
If you have never played a guitar or cannot play a chord on guitar, try instead my beginner course – – From Zero to Guitar Fingerpicking in 30 days.
If you know a bit of fingerpicking, but you haven’t done the Intermediate course, I would recommend doing that course before this one.
Take your fingerpicking to the next level
Now is the time to become the fingerpicking guitarist you have always dreamed of being